The tattoo course that we hold here at the academy is designed for individuals over the age of 18 who are looking to start their career as a tattooist. The Moksha Tattoo Studio Goa, India official tattoo Training is the longest running academy in the India with a 98% pass rate with hundreds of Indian and overseas students attending our course’s all year round.
The nature of this course is to give students an insight into the world of tattooing allowing them the chance to have some first hand experience in order to pursue their career within the industry.
The 15 days intensive tattoo course is broken up into Four weeks and runs Monday – Friday starting at 11am and finishes at 6pm. Students will be required to study the theory side of the industry and then undergo a theory exam. You will then study the practical side of the industry performing a practical exam on the last day of your course. All successful students will then receive a diploma certificate that is recognised throughout Moksha Tattoo Studio by Many Award Winning Tattoo Artist Sir Mukesh Waghela Moksha tattoo Training will have the luxury of studying in Tattoo Studio environment and then given the opportunity to perform the practical exam within a tattoo studio, over looked by professional tattooists.
The Training Month consists of drawing up designs which will be suitable for a tattoo, colouring techniques, difference in needles and what they are used for. Throughout these courses, the pupil will receive handouts on tattooing, the industry and all knowledge about the apparatus required. Throughout the duration of the course, students will be taught legislation/regulations of professional tattooing.
Students will also be taught how to dismantle and reassemble tattoo machines so that they get a deeper understanding of how they run and learn various parts of the machine. This will help the pupil in the future if they need to change coils, springs, armature bars, etc. All tattooing on a human skin will be carried out in one of our licensed tattoo studios.
- tattoo hygiene
- tattoo machines
- needles, tubes and tips
- Skin preparation
- the tattoo procedure
- consent forms and aftercare
- infections, causes and spreading
- licensing and registration
- health and safety
- control of substances hazardous to health
- bio hazardous waste
- cross contamination
- theory test
In this weeks, you will get more hands-on with the actual tattooing procedure.
- Drawing tasks
- creating a design to tattoo
- Allocating the design to the desired area of the body or placing designs on the area of the body that work best with the tattoo
- stencil prep on fake skin
- sterilisation of the area of tattoo area
- tattooing fake skin
- machine set up
- lining and shading techniques
- inks and pigments
- solutions creams and supplies
- preparing live model for tattooing
- practical test, tattooing a live model (friend, relative, student)
All students looking at attending one of our course’s must be over the age of 18. This is due to law and legislations as tattooing a minor is illegal, therefore the tattooist must also be of the legal required age.
Your tattoo model must also be over the age of 18. Proof of ID will be required as well as A disclaimer that will need to be filled in prior to tattooing.
Students attending must be able to speak and understand English.
It is not compulsory for you to have any experience or art qualifications, however we do require that you have basic drawing skills.
Please note* this course does NOT teach you how to draw, only that it will help you develop your own drawing style in tattoo form.
- Unlimited student support for life.
- Access to online student chat room and networking.
- Free advice starting up your own studio.
- Access to our student shop where you can purchase your own machinery and equipment.
- Free airport transfer for international students *please see FAQ’s for further information.
- Student booklet and handouts which includes all the information you have been taught on your course.
- Once you have gained the experience as a professional tattooist you can earn between $50-$150 an hour.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 80 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 270
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes